1 cup crushed ginger snap cookies
3 tbsp melted butter
1tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp brown sugar
4 - 250g packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or to taste
1 can (14oz/398 ml) pumpkin
2 tbsp light rum
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine crushed ginger snaps, butter, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Press into base of lightly greased 9" springform cake pan. Pat firmly and chill.
- Beat softened cream cheese with electric beater until fluffy. Slowly beat in sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin and rum. Pour batter over crust.
- Preheat oven to 325 or less if your oven runs hot and bake cheesecake ifor 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hr or until filling is set.. See tips below on how to prevent cracking!
- Cool for 1 hour - Refrigerate several hours or overnight
- Remove from pan - garnish as desired with whipping cream and serve.
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
Preventing Cracks in Cheesecake
- Avoid opening oven door while baking cheesecake. Big cracks across the cheesecake are most often caused by drafts.
- Avoid overbaking! Check for doneness at minimum baking time.
- Cheesecake is done when the edges are slightly puffed. The center area should be about the size of a silver dollar and appear soft and moist. The centre will firm upon cooling.
- Once you remove a cheesecake from the oven, run a thin metal spatula or knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen it from the side of the springform pan. Do not unlatch or remove rim of springform pan during cooling.
- Cool cheesecake on rack in draft-free location for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate uncovered 3 to 4 hours or until thoroughly chilled. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap or foil across the top of pan; secure. Refrigerate overnight.